Gudeg is the food of Yogyakarta and Central Java which is made from young jackfruit cooked in coconut milk and seasoned with kluwek (Indonesia spices). It was sweet but tasty, because there are additional seasoning areh (thick coconut milk) and coconut oil residue (klendo) is delicious. Plus other side dishes such as tofu, sambal krecek (traditional chili sauce with cowhide), eggs and chicken meat. Gudeg usually brown. This brown color is usually produced from teak leaves are cooked together with gudeg.
There are many variants of gudeg, among others:
Dry Gudeg, namely gudeg areh presented with a thick, much thicker than Padang cuisine.
Wet Gudeg, namely gudeg areh presented with watery.
Gudeg Solo, namely gudeg with the white areh .
This Gudeg also stored in durable kendil provided. Kendil is a container made of clay. Gudeg kendil can also enjoy as souvenirs typical of the city of Yogyakarta.
- ½ coconut, grated, squeeze and take the coconut milk (separate thick coconut milk and coconut milk to dilute).
- 3 pieces of teak leaves.
- ½ kg chicken.
- Eggs, boiled.
- Young Jackfruit, cut roughly.
- 3 red onion.
- 4 cloves garlic.
- coriander, 1 teaspoon.
- 6 egg pecan.
- 2 cm laos.
- shrimp paste, ¼ teaspoon.
- 3 bay leaves.
- salt, 1 tablespoon.
- brown sugar, 2 tablespoons.
- flavor seasoning, to taste.
- How to cook:
- Boiled young jackfruit with teak leaves until soft and brown. Drain and crushed.
- Blend the spices, except the bay leaves and laos. Enter into a saucepan with the thin coconut milk, chicken pieces and young jackfruit has been crushed.
- Add the bay leaves and laos, boiled and hold until the coconut milk out.
- Finally enter the hard-boiled eggs that have been peeled, add thick coconut milk and simmer until the coconut milk out.
- Remove and serve.