-- Bodies Of The Dead Man Around The Village --
Trunyan Village is one of the original Bali village residents (Bali Aga) which still owns and uphold the customs and beliefs of their own. Population of Trunyan perceive their identity in two versions. The first version, they are the community of "Bali Turunan” (Bali Derivatives). They believe that their ancestors descended from heaven to earth. So that the Trunyan community has sacred myth or fairy tale that the origin of the population Trunyan is a goddess of the sky. The second version is that the Trunyan people live in ecological systems with a tree "Taru Menyan", which is spreading tree fragrance. The name "taru" and "menyan" evolved into "Trunyan" is used as the name of the village.
Weather in the Trunyan village is very cool, averaging 17 degrees Celsius and sometimes down to 12 degrees Celsius. Lake Batur to 9 km in length and width of 5 km is one source of water and a source of agrarian life of the people of Bali south and east. The uniqueness of the Trunyan village is treat the bodies of people who have died. Different with the Bali Hindu people in general who solemnize Ngaben for burning the body. In the Trunyan village, the body does not burn but only placed in the graveyard in a forest area. Strangely, the body will not stink out, despite being there for many months. Trunyan residents believe that it absorbs the bad smell of the corpses is Taru Menyan tree.
Trunyan Burial of the way there are 2 kinds namely:
1. Mepasah, the corpse placed above ground with the open air. Bodies are only given a fence made of bamboo. This is so that these bodies are not eaten by animals. The people who buried the way of mepasah, they are is dead at the time were men who had been married, people who are still single and children who have escaped his young teeth.
2. Buried in the ground. The people who died were buried after their handicapped body, or at the time of death there are wounds that have not healed (eg. the patient's body smallpox, leprosy and others), people who die by unnatural as killed or committed suicide, and child who has not loose his young teeth.
For the purposes of burial, in the village there are 3 kinds of Trunyan graves, namely:
1. Sema (cemetery) Wayah for citizens who natural death. Most northerly location.
2. Sema Muda to bury infants and small children or people who have grown but not married.
3. Sema Bantas for residents whose death was not natural, such as accidents or suicides
Sema Wayah and Sema Muda located a little far away from the village, while Sema Bantas situated near the village of Trunyan. If a trip to the Trunyan village, do not be surprised if there are lots of human skulls scattered along the street. Because it's skulls that is the main attraction of Trunyan as ancient village and regarded as a Bali aga village. Also, do not ever take things that are here, because the stuff belongs to the people buried here.
East of Lake Batur. Precisely in Kintamani district, Bangle regency. Overland from Penelokan, Kintamani, only reached the Kedisan village. Kedisan to the village of Trunyan, people have to cross Lake Batur for 45 minutes by motorboat or 2 hours by boat mortar driven by oars. In addition to the water path, Trunyan can also be achieved by land, passing through paths the village Buahan and Abang. www.bali-indonesia-tourism.com
Topic: trunyan village
No comments found.